Quantcast

Saturday, April 25, 2015

Dewey's 24 Hour Read-a-Thon

It's Saturday, what are you doing? I'm reading! Mike's class just happens to coincide with the Dewey's 24-Hour Read-a-Thon and while I'm not certain I can do all 24 hours, I can definitely commit to 12 :) So here goes.

I'm pairing this a bit with cleaning out my e reader. First up are:


Dark Screams v 2 edited by Brian James Freeman and Richard Chizmar
Dark Screams v 3 edited by Brian James Freeman and Richard Chizmar
The Gospel of Loki by Joanne Harris

(These shouldn't take long, the two Dark Screams anthologies are about 200 pages combined and Loki is close to that. I'll add more to the list as the time goes by.

And for the opening meme ('cause I just woke up):

1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?

Colorado - just outside Denver, to be specific

2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?

Right now, Gospel of Loki by Joanne Harris

3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?

No clue, this is a totally spur of the moment thing for me.

4) Tell us a little something about yourself!

Hm, I'm a total book junkie whose backlog of TBR titles is getting out of hand. I prefer physical books to e books, so my e reader gets seriously neglected when I pick new reads. Hence my attempt not only to take advantage of my husband being away by taking part in the read-a-thon but my focus (at the start at least) on e titles in particular for the day. 

5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to?

This is my first Dewey's read-a-thon and I am most looking forward to seeing how many books I can read before the end of the day!

1 comment:

Kay said...

Hope you are doing well with your reading! I have finished my audiobook, begun another, cheered until my pompoms are worn out and will not make 24 hours. But, go, go, go!!