Quantcast

Saturday, May 4, 2013

Pre Pub Book Buzz: The String Diaries by Stephen Lloyd Jones

I'm bringing back Pre Pub Book Buzz -- or Books I'm Stoked About -- Saturdays! Why? Because there are always a ton of upcoming releases I can't wait to read and Saturdays are kind of a free day to do promote those.

This week I'm featuring a new UK debut, The String Diaries by Stephen Lloyd Jones. This one is due out July 4 from Headline in the UK and word has it Mulholland will be releasing it here in the States (though I'm not sure of the date). I think I heard about it through Ellie over at Curiosity Killed the Bookworm

Here's the Goodreads description:

A jumble of entries, written in different hands, different languages, and different times. They tell of a rumour. A shadow. A killer.

The only interest that Oxford Professor Charles Meredith has in the diaries is as a record of Hungarian folklore ... until he comes face to face with a myth.

For Hannah Wilde, the diaries are a survival guide that taught her the three rules she lives by: verify everyone, trust no one, and if in any doubt, run.

But Hannah knows that if her daughter is ever going to be safe, she will have to stop running and face the terror that has hunted her family for five generations.

And nothing in the diaries can prepare her for that.

I'm certainly intrigued, how about you? Headline also has this great Q&A with Jones if you want a little extra while you wait for the book. 

No comments: