Quantcast

Saturday, March 2, 2013

Pre Pub Book Buzz: The Eighth Court by Mike Shevdon

I'm bringing back Pre Pub Book Buzz -- or Books I'm Stoked About -- Saturdays! Why? Because there are always a ton of upcoming releases I can't wait to read and Saturdays are kind of a free day to do promote those.

This week, I'm stoked about the upcoming fourth installment in Mike Shevdon's Courts of the Feyre series! This is one of my favorite series. I've since passed along copies to my sister as well and she's become just as addicted to it as I have.

Here's a bit about the upcoming Eighth Court from the publisher's page:

The Eighth Court has been established, but petty rivalries and old disputes threaten its stability. The mongrels that make up the court are not helping, and Blackbird enlists the help of the warders to keep the peace.

Has Blackbird bitten off more than she can chew, and can the uneasy peace between the courts continue under such tension and rivalry?

File Under: Urban Fantasy [ A New Dawn | Uneasy Alliances | Eight Into One | End Of An Era ]

The Eighth Court is due out May 28 from Angry Robot

This series is perfect for readers who like dark urban fantasy mixed with history elements a la Ben Aaronovitch and Christopher Farnsworth.

If your interest is piqued but you've not read the first three installments, here are the links to my earlier posts: 


I highly recommend reading the books in order so be warned, there may be spoilers in the second two reviews if you've not yet started the series. 

1 comment:

As the Crowe Flies and Reads said...

I am not at all familiar with this series but you make it sound really good.