Quantcast

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

What Does Tomorrow Hold?

Wouldn't you love to know what you could expect tomorrow? I know I certainly would -- sometimes. Blogging, I really take advantage of the delete key. I learned towards the end of high school that the rush of doing something last minute wasn't worth that extra time I could give myself to rethink something I'd written. If only I could have that extra time to think before I say or do something -- and if I knew what the end result would be...
That's the point of Cecelia Ahern's latest and newest to hit shelves this side of the pond. The Book of Tomorrow (previously released in the UK), is all about second chances. But it's also about secrets and family and living in the present as well.

Tamara was a rich girl with everything she ever wanted. Then one day she lost it all. Her father is dead and she and her mother have been forced to move to the country to stay with her aunt and uncle. When a traveling library passes by one afternoon, Tamara chooses a book to help kill some of the boredom. But the book isn't any normal book. Turns out it's a diary that begins to fill with Tamara's own handwriting, telling of things that will happen just one day in the future. Soon Tamara begins to realize that it is within her power to change things. But should she?

I've been a fan of Ahern's since I picked up P.S. I Loved You as a bookseller back in 2004. I fell in love with that book! Ahern's never disappointed me since. Ahern is truly chick-lit at it's best, with a touch of whimsy and usually a bit of magic mixed in. The Book of Tomorrow was still a little bit of a surprise, too, in that it was a little dark as well.

No comments: