Quantcast

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Looking for a fun read this holiday season?

My second travel read this past week was Teresa Medeiros's latest, Goodnight Tweetheart. Now first off, it's not a holiday book, but I'm going to highly recommend it for the season : )

I'm familiar with Medeiros thanks to her massive romance backlist, but have to admit that I've not read her before now. Goodnight Tweetheart is being blurbed as You've Got Mail meets Sleepless in Seattle, and in a way it's an appropriate comparison.

Abby Donovan reached the ultimate in publishing success when her book was chosen as an Oprah Book Club pick. Since then it's been downhill. A massive bout of writer's block has caused delay after delay with her new book and her latest signing is a disaster on all counts. When her publicist suggests Twitter as another way to get out there and excite readers, Abby is leery. A newbie to the site, she strikes up an unlikely friendship with a traveling professor. Soon she has to admit that she may be falling for the guy. But how well can you really get to know a person without ever meeting?

Goodnight Tweetheart is a cute and light read. Perfect for the bouncy flight from Atlanta to Charleston and the exhausted first night in the hotel. It was nice to get my mind off how tired I was and read something that didn't require that much effort on my part. And the use of tweets as most of the storyline made it zip along! I'd say just about a perfect read if you have to deal with holiday (or anytime) stress. And a nice contemporary introduction for readers new to Medeiros like me.

1 comment:

Vickie said...

I've read something by the author in the past and enjoyed my time with the characters and story. When I get the yen for a romance again, I'll give this one a try.