Quantcast

Thursday, April 1, 2010

New Mini Challenge

Hi, readers! I'll save you my moaning and get straight to today's post (and let's hope next week is better than this one!).

Literary Escapism, host of the New Author Challenge and February's League Challenge, is at it again. This time its Deadline Dames vs Fangs, Fur, & Fey. Here are the rules:


  • You do not have to be a participant of the New Authors Challenge, but if you’re not, why not?
  • The Challenge will run from April 1st through the 30th. All reviews must have an April 2010 date.
  • The goal is to read up to 5 different authors from the either list below. Write up a review on your blog and then come back to the official start post and add your link to Mr. Linky.
  • The idea is to try a new author (it is a New Author mini-challenge), however, if you’ve already read all of the listed authors, you can still participant, but don’t re-read a novel. Try something new. Not only is this an excuse to try a certain group of authors, but it’s also a great chance to help promote them.

  • Now head over and get your butt signed up! (Complete rules and stuff here.)

    I posted stats from Feb's challenge and it really was amazing how many new reviews resulted from the challenge. It's a really great way to get yourself and others motivated to read something new.

    I haven't officially registered for it, but I do have my books picked out. I'm juggling some time consuming things at the moment, so we'll have to wait just a bit to see if I can make it for the month.

    *Update*

    I've officially entered. Here's my list of chosen titles:

    Jackie Kessler and Caitlin Kittredge's Black and White
    Marie Brennan's Midnight Never Come
    Toni Andrews's Beg For Mercy
    Rachel Caine's Ill Wind
    Yasmine Galenorn's Witchling

    Extra title:
    Holly Black's White Cat

    No comments: