Quantcast

Friday, December 11, 2009

Steampunk Book News

I love it! Yep, the Steampunk trend is going strong and I'm reveling in it. Now I just need someone to write a gothic Steampunk novel and I'll be all set.

Here's a cool article from Time magazine written by Lev Grossman (the author of The Magicians, and Codex).

Paolo Bacigalupi's The Windup Girl, just one of many Steampunk releases this year, made it to Time's Top 10 Fiction of 2009 list.

2009 also saw the release of Gail Carriger's Soulless, a Steampunk tinged paranormal mystery that's just first in a trilogy being put out by Orbit. Gail is into everything Steampunk and has a great page on her website devoted to it. I'm poaching reads from the list as often as I can. I'm seriously hoping for George Mann's The Affinity Bridge for Christmas, and I made my mom buy Scott Westerfeld's Leviathan for my sister.

Katie MacAlister is releasing a Steampunk romance in February called Steamed. It's already on my wishlist.

On the sort of Steampunk horizon, Bioshock 2 is due out in February and I'm not playing anything else until I get it! That's how bad I want this particular game!

Alright, I think that's enough Steampunk news for now, don't you? I've got Stephen Hunt's The Court of the Air next on my Steampunk reading list and it's first in a series so I hope it's good!

No comments: