Quantcast

Monday, July 27, 2009

Do You Like CSI?

I've been a fan of CSI since episode 1. And even now, when every show you turn on seems to have a forensic spin on it, I still love Vegas and New York.

This fall, CSI creator Anthony Zuiker has something great in store for thriller fans. It's his debut novel and the first "digi-novel" -- a book with an interactive web experience including online bridge videos to watch between each chapter of the book.

Book 1, Level 26: Dark Origins, is to be the first in a series and will hit shelves on September 8. The book is co-written with Duane Swierczynski, author of Severance Package (amongst other titles), and is about a group that hunts the most evil of all killers.

I can't even describe how freaky this trailer is. This is a whole new level of book/reader interaction, similar to, but even more in depth than that of last month's Personal Effects: Dark Art, which you might remember from this post.

Is this the future of reading as we know it? Not necessarily. But, based on the level of effort put into this project, I can tell you that it should knock readers completely out of the water. It's unexpected, I'll tell you that much. But you'll also remember that I loved the concept of Hutchins's novel and so I'm totally psyched about Zuiker's project as well.

Based on the trailer above, I would think this was going to be a new CBS series rather than a book. Maybe we'll bring some TV fans over to the dark side of the printed page, eh?

I'll keep you posted on this one. I've received a copy to review and I'm sure I'm not going to be able to wait until September to read it. I'll have to squeeze it in before that for sure!

For more on the series, visit the official Level 26 site here. And remember to add this one to your "to buy" list, and bookmark the site.

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

Wow the trailer is very freaky. I like it.

I can't wait to hear your thoughts.

Unknown said...

Could be very interesting although I'm not impressed with the discussions on the website. But it would be worth making a profile just to access the cyber-bridges as he calls them. You know I'm always up for a creepy new serial killer. :)

Vickie said...

*shudder* I look forward to hearing what you think....I'd have to read this one in the daytime....