Quantcast

Sunday, February 1, 2009

IOUs

So I know I've been slacking and I owe you guys some blogs. I'll have to make this fairly quick or else I fear my diminished mental capacity will become all to obvious. (No I've not been drinking.) 

So Mike came home from Sundance bearing gifts in the form of 25th anniversary tees and rhinovirus, the viral gift that keeps on giving. And since I've been working from home for exactly one year now, not being exposed to any kind of illness over the course of those 12 months, I guess our little congestive friend decided it was my turn. 

I am surprisingly not all that sick just yet. I have a feeling it's only going to get worse, though, since I usually suffer from record-breaking months-long extended visits from the rhino. The congestion's not all that bad, but my energy level is about nil. I stupidly decided to use the little bit I had yesterday to clean the kitchen. Today I managed to scrape in multiple hours of less productive work (I say that because if I weren't sick, the work would have taken about half as long as it did). I'm just too darn busy to get sick right now. 

Anyway, short and sweet since my Nyquil might be kicking in any time now and just correcting a typo is exhausting me (I'm no fun when I'm sick). I'm trying to work my way through the behemoth that is Drood. Normally not all that much of a chore, but for once the weight of the book is getting me down. Damn being sick. It should inspire some pretty nifty Nyquil dreams, though ; )

I also started reading Inkheart in case Drood becomes more than my head can handle seeing as how it is consumed by a warring immune system and those mucus monsters from the Mucinex commercials. 

I'll keep ya'll posted. Now I'm going cuddle up with Drood and wait for Masterpiece Classics to come on (if I can stay awake that long). Happy Superbowl Sunday everyone!

2 comments:

Jenn's Bookshelves said...

Ouch! The dreaded rhinovirus! I hope you feel better soon! I've started reading Drood--boy is it massive. Definitely not late night reading!

Cheryl said...

I love the cover for Captain Freedom